We eat a lot of chicken in this house so I am always looking for ways to change it up. My Yogurt Parmesan Chicken is one that is requested often by my boys. All three of them. Which is saying something!
The creamy topping bakes up nice and brown on top and the chicken is moist and tender. I serve it with roasted potatoes and a salad. A salad makes every meal a healthy meal. Baked Yogurt Parmesan Chicken is the perfect easy family dinner recipe. You will want to add it to your go-to recipe list and your family will thank you!
TIP: If you do not have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend you get one. It’s a game-changer when cooking meat. ESPECIALLY chicken! When you cut into meats it dries them out, chicken is the worst offender. The key to keeping meats moist and juicy is cooking them to the right temperature via a meat thermometer and letting them sit for a period of time before cutting into them.Print
Your whole family will beg you to make this moist, tender and flavorful chicken! Serve it with potatoes or over lightly oiled pasta and a side salad.
4 – 6 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
1–1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, and oregano and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Coat one side of the chicken breasts with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Turn over and repeat on the opposite side.
- Coat the top of each breast with the yogurt parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes. Make sure chicken registers 165 degrees on your meat thermometer and that the cream on top has turned a light brown in areas.
- Let stand for five minutes before serving.